Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mark Steyn Says Nuts to Canada’s Supreme Court


I’ve posted a number of times about the recent ruling of Canada’s Supreme Court.

Mark Steyn weighs in heavily today in a piece entitled “Death to Freedom.”

For half a decade, ever since the Canadian Islamic Congress attempted to criminalize my writing, I've found myself waging a grim campaign for freedom of speech in my native land. We've had some success along the way, seeing off the Islamic enforcers, and getting a disgraceful federal law first rendered unenforceable and then repealed by the House of Commons.

Last month, the Canadian supreme court, at a stroke, undid all the good work of the last five years, reaffirmed the state's role in the thought-crime business, rejected truth as a defense, and took a narrow, generation-old ruling on "hate speech" and carelessly broadened it. And they did it unanimously.




No comments: